Three families, three cars, three tents, six adults and six kids. We headed to Kent for a weekend of camping in the stunning camping and glamping site that is The Sunny Field.
The meadow pitches are simple - car free and spacious enough for three or four tents. Each comes with a fire pit for a camp fire and BBQ. Sasha and Phil fire up the pizza oven on Saturday nights and serve delicious, home made pizzas in the barn at the farm. The horse box showers are quirky and most importantly clean and hot! And if you don't fancy pitching a tent, you can hire a fully equipped, luxury 5 metre bell tent.
We had a wonderful time, the perfect place for our group of friends. Plus it is an easy drive from London. This is simple camping made comfortable.
DON'T rock up at 9pm after work on Friday evening with ratty kids. Take the afternoon off. Pitching a tent in the dark with a child on your hip is NOT fun.
DO check out the local farm shop. It has great steak and red wine from the Kentish vineyards. Win.
- Beautiful campsite in the heart of the Kent Downs.
- Car free meadow pitches.
- Wheelbarrows for getting your gear to your pitch.
- Trees to climb and swing from.
- Wood-fired pizza oven serving amazing pizzas on Saturday nights (book in advance).
- Craft courses for kids on selected dates throughout the summer.
- Fire pits for camp fires and BBQing.
- HOT horse box showers!
- Dishwashing facilities.
- Drinking water stand pipes (think of the environment and take refillable bottles!).
- Composting loos (that don't smell).
Nestled in the heart of the Kent Downs, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and surrounded by beautiful countryside. A short hop from Ashford and the M20.
What to take
- A tent (but they can supply beautiful, fully equipped 5 metre bell tents if required).
- Bundle Beds for a good night's sleep.
- Gas stove, pots, pans and utensils.
- Cool box and picnic ware.
- Canopy or awning for shade from the sun and shelter from the rain.
- Waterproof and warm clothing for you and the kids.
- Ponchos - perfect cover ups post shower.
- Sun cream, first aid kit, wet wipes and hand sanitiser.
- Head torches.
How to book